- Macronutrients are the nutrients that supply energy and calories and are essential in large quantities to maintain body tasks and to carry out the activities of everyday life.
- Macronutrients include protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
- Deficiency of these macronutrients leads to many diseases like; weight loss, loss of appetite, ketosis, kwashiorkor, etc.
- The minerals in the first two groups are required in large quantities are called macronutrients.
- Macronutrients act as basic materials for the development of body tissues and provide the needful chemical environment for cells.
- Macronutrients provide the energy required for various body functions.
- Lack of intake of macronutrients like; calcium leads to osteoporosis in adults and children.
- For actual utilization of macronutrients, we need micronutrients and Lack of these macronutrients leads to many deficiencies which are given below:
- Micronutrients are usually vitamins and minerals. A sufficient intake of all micronutrients is required for optimal health.
- Micronutrients like; minerals and vitamins play a vital role in the body. Many micronutrients prevent the body from many diseases.
- The micronutrient present in food is in different amounts, so we have to consume a variety of food to fulfill its requirement.
- Micronutrients include; vitamins and these vitamins are organic compounds that are present in a variety of natural foods.
- These vitamins are essential for proper growth and good health.
Difference Between Micronutrients And Macronutrients
|1||These are nutrients that are required in very small amounts by the body.||Macronutrients are required in very large amounts for the body to function properly.|
|2||These help to prevent disease and nurture growth and repair of the body.||These provide the energy that aids the body’s metabolism.|
|3||Micronutrients are found in a variety of foods, including vegetables, fruits, and even eggs.||These are present in large quantities in potatoes, nuts, fish, milk, meat, and rice, etc.|
|4||Micronutrients are also known as trace elements.||Macronutrients are also referred to as major elements.|
|5||Too much consumption of micronutrients such as; vitamins can cause nerve and liver damage.||Too much consumption of macronutrients can lead to several heart diseases, obesity, and an increase in blood sugar levels.|
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : Food In Relation To Nutrition And Health