The mixing occurs due to tumbling motion.
Construction of Double Cone Blender
All parts of the equipment including the mixing tank and blades are made of stainless steel. The equipment consists of two cones joined as a cylindrical section which is rotated about an axis on the shaft. The conical shape at both ends allows uniform mixing and easy discharge.
Working of Double Cone Blender
The powder is filled up to two-thirds of the volume of the blender to ensure proper mixing. The rate of rotation should be 30-100 revolutions per minute. On rotation, mixing occurs due to tumbling motion. The product can be discharged from the bottom of the equipment. The mixing tank can be slanted freely at the angle of 0° to 360° degrees for discharging and cleaning purposes.
- Easy to maintain and clean
- There are no chances of clogging of material into comers
- A large amount can be handled easily
- It is efficient for mixing powders of different densities
- Wear on equipment is little
- Not suitable for fine particles
- Not suitable for particles with greater particle size difference due to less shear
- Double Cone Blender is efficient and versatile equipment for the homogeneous mixing of dry powders and granules. Dry powder mixing for tablets and capsule formulations.
- It can be used for pharmaceutical, food, chemical, and cosmetic products, etc.
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : Factors Affecting Mixing