Aim: To prepare, evaluate and submit Herbal anti-wrinkle cream.
Requirements: Beakers, Water bath, Stirrer, and Suitable container.
Chemicals: Stearic acid, Cetyl alcohol, Mineral oil, Lanolin, Glycerin, Tea, Perfume, Sodium benzoate, and Water.
Formulation Consideration: Herbal Anti-wrinkle cream is a skincare formulation that helps to remove dead skin cells, fine lines, and wrinkles leaving the skin fresh and young.
Aloe vera: Aloe Vera helps to reduce scarring and when properly applied over time, can lessen the unsightly “age spots” that appear on skin that has been over-exposed to the sun and UV rays. It is a natural skin block that maintains moisture levels. It nourishes skin keeping it smooth, soft, and supple. Aloe vera juice is a slightly viscous and clear liquid used in many cosmetic products. It possesses good moisturizing properties and anti-inflammatory properties. It also increases the removal of dead tissues due to aloctine, a content that stimulates macrophage production. It is also used in the treatment of burns and wounds.
It is believed that metallic ions present in the aloe vera juice act as a catalyst and contribute to color changes. The metal ion most prevalent in aloe vera is copper. Suitable metal scavengers like sodium EDTA are added. Sodium meta bi-sulfite is added to prevent oxidation of Aloe vera juice.
|Sr.No.||Ingredients||Quantity Given For 100 g||Quantity Taken For 20 g|
- In a beaker take Stearic acid, Cetyl alcohol, Mineral oil, and Lanolin and heat (60- 70°C).
- In another beaker take glycerin, Tea, and Aloe vera juice.
- Take the third beaker to it add Na-benzoate and water and heat up to 60-70°C or till a homogenous mix is formed.
- Add the oil phase (Beaker 1) to the water phase (Beaker 3) at 40-45°C. Then add Aloe juice and tea.
- Add perfume mix properly and dispense in a wide-mouth container.
- The label should indicate the concentration of active and direction.
Label: For external use only.
Storage: Store in a cool dry place.
Packaging: In a wide-mouth glass bottle.
Use: Removes wrinkles, and dullness of the skin. It helps relax skin wrinkles and fine lines for hydrated, younger-looking skin.
Directions: Squeeze a small quantity on the palm and gently apply it to the face and neck in a circular motion.
|7||Type of Emulsion|
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : How to Make Medicated Toothpaste?