Aim: To prepare, evaluate and submit cherry shower gel.
Requirements: Beaker, Sonicator, and Whatman Filter Paper Grade 1.
Chemicals: Sweet cherry fruits, Glycerine, Lauryl glucoside, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Cocamide DEA, Xanthan gum, Citric acid, Sodium benzoate, Potassium sorbate, and water.
The current trend observed in the cosmetics industry is to develop cosmetics with a multifaceted action, where plant-origin substances can be applied as multi-functional cosmetic ingredients. Numerous scientific studies confirm the anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties of plant-derived materials. Furthermore, they also might slow down skin aging processes and contribute to the inhibition of some skin enzymes i.e. elastase or collagenase, which are responsible for the degradation of structural proteins. Plant substances also can improve the functional values of the formulation; give the right consistency or smell. In this formulation, an attempt is made to create a cosmetic with a broad spectrum of activity. This type of ingredient includes the fruits of sweet cherries (Prunus cerasus), also known as ‘Burlat’, which exhibit a rich amount of antioxidant substances, which function is to neutralize free radicals, to prevent lipids peroxidation and DNA damage or to counteract the degradation of collagen and elastin structures. Polyphenols could have to be seen as one of the most important functional antioxidant compounds, present in sweet cherry aqueous-glycerine extract.
|Sr.No.||Ingredients||Quantity Given (% w/w)||Quantity Taken|
|5||Sweet cherry extract||5|
|9||Water||Up to 100|
- Dry the sweet cherry fruits at 40°C to constant weight.
- In a beaker take 15 g of grounded sweet cherry fruit, it adds distilled water with glycerine at a weight ratio of 80: 20 as extraction solvent.
- Sonicate the above mixture, and filter to get the extract.
- Store the extract in the refrigerator at a temperature of 4°C.
- Prepare Xanthan gum gel; add all the ingredients as per the table. Lastly, add sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate as preservatives. Adjusted the pH level to 5.5. Mix thoroughly and store in a suitable container.
Label: For external use only.
Storage: Keep in a cool and dry place.
Packaging: In a dispensable narrow-mouth plastic bottle.
Use: This body wash contains Cherry Kernel Oil to leave your skin soft, not dry. It hydrates the skin.
Directions: This body wash can be used on the face, and body and as a mild shampoo.
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : How to Make Herbal Shampoo?