Aim: To prepare, evaluate and submit eye shadow.
Requirements: Beaker, Water bath and Stirrer.
Chemicals: Petroleum jelly, Cocoa butter (odourless), Lanolin, Cetyl alcohol, Paraffin wax, Lake ponceau, Beeswax and Preservatives.
Formulation Consideration: Eye shadow beautifies the eyes when applied to the upper eyelid. Eye shadow may be manufactured in the form of cream, stick liquid with a puff or brush or pressed cake. It may be applied dry or wet and formulated accordingly to type desired various kinds of eye shadow. The liquefying cream type is the most popular.
In formulating such a product one must seek to produce a cream that can be spread on with utmost care and that colour must remain on the eyelids without giving a shiny appearance.
1. Pigment: The colouring of their preparation must be accomplished by inorganic pigments and natural colours. The main colouring agents are carbon black and chromium oxide pigment and carmine NF. All colours employed in eye makeup must be insoluble in water.
2. Perfume: Many fragrances are undesirable on the delicate area surrounding the eyes, including most aldehyde-type odours, but floral fragrances based on natural essential oils and aromatic chemicals are known to be safe. Rose oil is more commonly used.
3. Other Ingredients: Petroleum jelly, lanolin, carnauba wax, beeswax, stearic acid, isopropyl myristate, propylene glycol, preservatives, Talc and zinc stearate, etc.
|Sr. No.||Ingredients||Quantity Given (% w/w)||Quantity Taken|
|2||Coca butter (odourless)||5%|
- Mix colour with melted petroleum jelly in a separate dry beaker. Melt together cocoa butter, lanolin, cetyl alcohol, paraffin wax, and beeswax.
- Add molten colour mixture to it and stir. Pour melted product directly into the tare container up to the required weight.
- Keep stirring gently till the temperature drops to 40°C. Add perfume and keep it undistributed till it cools to R.T.
- Take care to prevent the sticking of cream to slide the walls of the container while stirring.
Label: For External Use only.
Storage: Store in a cool and dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
Packaging: Packed in wide mouth bottle or plastic flat moulds.
Use: Applied on the eyelids and under the eyes. It is commonly used to make the eyes stand out or look more attractive.
Directions: Eye shadow can add depth and dimension to one’s eyes, complement one’s eye colour, make one’s eyes appear larger, or simply draw attention to the eyes.
Precautions: If irritation persists discontinue use.
|7||pH of 10% dispersion|
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : How to Make Vanishing Cream?