Aim: To prepare, evaluate and submit herbal face cream.
Requirements: Beakers, Water bath, Stirrer, and Suitable container.
Chemicals: Sodium lauryl sulfate, Methylparaben, Cetyl alcohol, Triethanolamine, Sheabutter, Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) oil, and Cinnamomum oil.
Formulation Consideration: Herbal cream (o/w) was formulated based on the anti-oxidant potential of herbal extracts and their evaluation. The cream was formulated with Licorice oil, Cinnamon oil. Licorice oil and Cinnamon oil at (1: 1) ratio get multipurpose effects such as whitening, anti-wrinkle, antiaging, and sunscreen effects on the skin; it may produce synergistic action without side effects as this cream comprising of many natural substances.
Storage: Keep in a cool and dry place.
|Sr.No.||Ingredients||Quantity Given||Quantity Taken|
|1||Sodium Lauryl Sulphate||0.5 gm|
|3||Cetyl alcohol||0.5 gm|
|6||Glycyrrhiza glabra oil||2 ml|
|7||Cinnamon oil||2 ml|
- Weighed accurately all ingredients. Formulate Oil in water (O/W) emulsion-based cream (semisolid formulation).
- Melt the emulsifier and other oil-soluble components in a beaker and heat to 75°C.
- In another beaker dissolve methylparaben and glycerol in the required amount of water and heat to 75°C.
- When the temperature of both phases is 75°C, Add the aqueous phase gradually into the oily phase with continuous stirring till cooling of the emulsifier, and left it at room temperature to obtain the required product.
- Add Cinnamomum oil and licorice oil to obtain the cream base.
Label: For external use only.
Storage: Store in a cool dry place.
Packaging: In a wide-mouth glass bottle.
Use: To regenerate and nourish dull, dry, and lifeless skin.
Directions: Squeeze a small quantity on the palm and gently apply it onto the face and neck in a circular motion till absorbed.
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : How to Make Herbal Shampoo?