Aim: To prepare, evaluate and submit liquid herbal shampoo.
Requirements: Beakers, Stirrer, Filter aid, Water bath, and Suitable container.
Chemicals: Betel leaf, Aloe vera leaf, Neem leaf, Reetha powder, Shikakai powder, Orange peel oil, Propylparaben, Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose, and water.
Formulation Consideration: The herbal shampoo is a cosmetic preparation that uses herbs and it is meant for washing hair and scalp just like a regular shampoo and to provide nourishment. Herbal shampoos are widely used due to their no or fewer side effects as compared to conventional shampoos because it contains pure natural or herbal ingredients rather than synthetic chemicals.
Here, the herbal shampoo is formulated using natural ingredients like Piper betel (Betel leaf) leaf extract, Azadirachta indica (Neem) leaf extract, Acacia concinna (Shikakai) pod extract, Sapindus mokorossi (Reetha fruit extract), Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) juice.
|Sr.No.||Ingredients||Quantity Given||Quantity Taken|
|1||Betel leaf extract||100 ml|
|2||Shikakai extract||100 ml|
|3||Reetha extract||100 ml|
|4||Neem extract||25 ml|
|5||Aloe vera juice||10 ml|
|7||Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose||100 ml|
|8||Orange peel oil||15 ml|
|9||Water||Up to 500 ml|
- Prepare Betel leaf extract by boiling 100 gm of fresh leaves of Piper betel in 150 ml of water and filtered.
- Prepare Shikakai extract by boiling 100 gm powder of dried fruits of Acacia concinna (Shikakai) in 150 ml of water and filtered.
- Remove and collect Aloe vera juice from leaves of Aloe barbadensis to get 25 ml.
- Prepare Neem extract by boiling 50gm fresh leaves of Azadirachta indica (Neem) in 50 ml of water and filter it.
- Prepare Reetha extract by boiling 100 gm powder of dried fruits of Sapindus mokorossi (Reetha) in 150 ml of water and filtered.
- Mix 100 ml of Reetha extract and 100 ml of Shikakai extract in a 500 ml beaker.
- To the above mixture of extracts add 100 ml of Betel leaf extract, 25 ml of Neem extract, 50 ml of Aloe vera juice, and 10 ml of Propylparaben.
- Prepare base take 10 gm sodium carboxymethyl cellulose in 90 ml water and stirred to get a thick form.
- Mix gently the base and mixture of extracts for 15 minutes.
- Then add orange peel extract and stir for 5 minutes.
- Store the shampoo in a 500 ml plastic container (bottle).
Label: For external use only.
Storage: Keep in a cool and dry place.
Packaging: In a dispensable narrow-mouth plastic bottle.
Use: For removal of oils, dandruff, dirt, environmental pollution, etc.
Directions: Squeeze the soft, instant liquid onto your hands, dilute with water and apply on hair then rinse with water.
Precautions: Keep out of reach of the children.
|6||Wetting time test|
|11||Detergency and Cleansing|
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : How to Make Herbal Anti-Wrinkle Cream?