Aim: To prepare, evaluate and submit herbal shaving cream.
Requirements: Beaker, Homogeniser, Water bath, and Suitable container.
Chemicals: Deionized Water, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Cetyl alcohol, Stearic acid, Ultra refined shea oil, Sweet almond oil, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sodium hydroxide solution, Safflower oil in glycerin, Aloe Barbdensis leaf extract, Rosemary leaf oil, Clove leaf oil, Lemon peel oil, Fragrance, Coco-Glucoside (and) Glyceryl Oleate (Lamesoft PO65, Cognis) and Preservatives.
Formulation Consideration: Ultra-moisturizing shaves cream formulated with Hydresia® Oleosome technology. Oleosomes provide mild emulsification while acting as a delivery system for extracts, oils, and fragrances in the formula. You can virtually eliminate the need for an aftershave, as this formula allows you to condition and moisturizes the skin while shaving.
- Homogenize Phase A at 3000 rpm until dispersed while heating to 65-70°C. Hold heat.
- Add Phase B to Phase A and homogenize for 5 minutes at 65-70°C.
- Adjust pH to 7.0-8.0 (batch will thicken). Remove heat and cool under homogenization to 50°C.
- Premix Phase D under the propeller for 20 minutes at 300 rpm.
- Once Phase A, B, and C reach 50°C, add Phase D and homogenize at 2000 for 10 minutes. Switch to the Propeller blade and mix at 800-1000 rpm until cool.
- Add Phase E and slowly mix at 300-400 rpm until dispersed.
- Add Phase F and mix until uniform.
- Adjust pH if necessary to 6.5-7.
Label: For external use only. Storage: Store in a cool dry place, replace the cap tightly after use.
Packaging: Packed in a suitable container with a cap.
Use: The purpose of shaving cream is to soften the hair by providing lubrication.
Directions: Place a small amount of shaving cream on the tip or center of the brush. Rub on the beard. Then shave with your razor.
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : How To Make Herbal Toothpaste?