Aim: To prepare and submit 100 ml of Iodine paint.
Requirements: Distilled water, Beaker, Measuring cylinder, KI, Iodine, Ethanol, peppermint oil, Glycerin, etc.
Theory: Iodine paint is a throat paint and throat paints are viscous liquid preparations used for mouth and throat infections. They are applied using a brush. Glycerin is present in large amounts and commonly used as a base, because being vicious, it adheres to mucous membrane for a long period.
|Peppermint oil||0.4 ml|
- Weigh the required amount of KI in water.
- Add weighed iodine to it.
- Then add 2 ml of glycerin.
- Mix the peppermint oil and ethanol in another beaker.
- Mix the solution of both beakers in a single container.
- Make up the volume up to 20 ml.
- The iodine paint is ready.
Storage: Store in a well-closed container and keep in a cool place.
Labeling: NOT TO BE SWALLOWED
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : Preparation of Calamine Liniment