Malnutrition And Its Prevention: Malnutrition means “Deficiency of food and nutrition”. Lack of essential vitamins and minerals affects immunity and healthy growth. It involves calories, protein, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins.
Types of Malnutrition
1. Undernutrition: It means intake of insufficient food over an extended period.
2. Overnutrition: It means overeating and excessive food consumption.
Causes of Malnutrition
1. Immediate causes:
- Reduced dietary consumption
- Altered necessities
- Decreased absorption of macro and micronutrients
2. Basic causes:
- Social systems
Symptoms of Malnutrition
- Low energy
- Weight loss
- Decreased confidence
- Increased risk of hospitalization
- Dry skin
- Brittle nails
- Breathing difficulties
- Longer healing time for wound
- Timely detection of malnutrition.
- Promotion of family planning.
- Adequate diet.
- Inclusion of all nutrients in the diet.
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : Difference Between Micronutrients And Macronutrients