Aim: To prepare and submit 100 ml of peppermint emulsion.
Requirements: Mortar and pestle, Distilled water, Beaker, Glass rod, Measuring cylinder, Peppermint oil, Polysorbate 80.
Theory: Peppermint emulsion is a 2% dispersion of peppermint oil in a suitable vehicle containing a non-volatile surface active agent. It is a white liquid with a characteristic odor and mint taste. It should be stored in a tight container in a cool and dry place.
|Peppermint oil||5 ml|
|Polysorbate 80||2 ml|
- Take the required amount of polysorbate 80 in mortar. Add 4-5 drops of water to it and triturate well.
- When the clicking sound starts, add peppermint oil and triturate well.
- Again when the clicking sound comes, slowly add water and stir continuously.
- Make up the volume up to 100 ml.
- Peppermint emulsion is ready.
Category: Flavouring agent.
Storage: Store in a well-closed container and keep in a cool place.
Labeling: SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : Preparation of Castor Oil Emulsion