Aim: To prepare, evaluate and submit Polyherbal Anti-Acne Cream.
Requirements: Beakers, Stirrer, Water bath and Wide mouth container.
Chemicals: Stearic acid, Cetyl alcohol, Triethanolamine, Propylene glycol, Isopropyl myristate, Glycerin, Sulphur, borax, honey, menthol, water. Spearmint extract, tulsi leaf extract, aloe vera juice, neem leaf extract and perfume.
Formulation Consideration: Acne is a commonly occurring skin problem in people of growing age, especially with oily skin. The stagnant sebum forms are an ideal medium for the proliferation of bacteria. These give rise to inflammation of the skin, and local swelling. The positioning of pigment from damaged cells in deep layers gives rise to blackheads.
Both Neem and Tulsi not only control secondary infections in acne but help to control swelling, inflammation, itching, and scratching during the active phase of acne. Neem effectively kills the bacteria that cause acne, helps to disinfect the hair follicles and helps in the removal of particles, which are mainly responsible for the blocking of pores. Tulsi behaves as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent. Emulsifying wax is composed of mixed emulsifiers, SLS (anionic, 1 part) and cetostearyl alcohol (nonionic, 9 parts). Calamine and zinc oxide act as skin protectants and astringents. Glycerin acts as a humectant and wetting agent.
- Concentration of calamine = 4%.
- Concentration of zinc oxide = 3%.
- Concentration of neem powder = 5%.
- Concentration of tulsi powder = 5%.
Formula For Polyherbal Anti-Acne Cream:
|Sr. No.||Ingredients||Quantity given||Quantity taken|
|15||Neem leaf extract||15%|
- Take cetyl alcohol in a beaker in another beaker take Tea, Propylene glycol, isopropyl myristate, glycerin, and water.
- To the hot aqueous phase add borax and active ingredient.
- Add sulphur to the oil phase then add the oily phase to aq. Phase with constant stirring.
- Add honey and menthol as the temperature decrease up to 45-50°C. Add fragrance.
- Mix well and dispense in a wide-mouth container.
Label: For external use only.
Storage: Keep in a cool and dry place.
Packaging: In a wide-mouth glass bottle.
Use: Acts as an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent and work as a powerful antidote for acne, pimples and skin ageing.
Directions: Gently apply to the affected area or Consult a skin care specialist before use.
Precautions: Keep out of reach of the children.
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : How to Make Herbal Face Scrub?