Aim: To prepare and submit potassium permanganate gargles.
Requirements: Potassium permanganate, Purified water, Beaker, Glass rod, etc.
Theory: Gargles are aqueous solutions used to prevent or treat throat infections. They are usually available in concentrated form with direction for dilution with warm water before use. They are brought into intimate contact with the mucous membrane of the throat and are allowed to remain in contact with it for a few seconds before they are thrown out of the mouth.
|Potassium permanganate||25 mg|
|Purified water||100 ml|
- Crush the weighed amount of potassium permanganate with water.
- Filter the mixture to remove the undissolved permanganate.
- Now add the required amount of purified water.
- Stir continuously to avoid bubbles.
- Potassium permanganate is ready.
Storage: Store in a well-closed container and keep in a cool place.
Labeling: NOT TO BE SWALLOWED
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : Preparation of Mouth Wash