Aim: To prepare and submit 100 ml of Cinnamon Water as I.P.
Requirements: Cinnamon oil, Talc, Distilled water, Beaker, Pipette, Glass rod, Measuring cylinder, etc.
Theory: Cinnamon is the dried bark of the shoot of cinnamanun zeylanium. It contains more than 10% volatile oil. It becomes dark and thick on aging. On exposure to air, it has a characteristic odor and taste. Cinnamon oil should be stored in closed containers and should be kept in a cool place.
Preparation of Cinnamon Water:
- Dissolve the measured amount of cinnamon oil in ethyl alcohol by shaking and adding a small amount of purified water.
- Shake it and make the volume up to 100 ml.
- Add sterilized purified talc and shake it.
- Allow standing the solution for a few hours with occasional stirring.
- Filter the solution and store it in a closed container.
Storage: Store in a well-closed container and keep in a cool place.
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : Double Strength Chloroform Water