Throat Paint Preparation: Throat Paints are the solution or dispersion of one or more active agents.
- Throat paints are viscous liquid preparations used for mouth and throat infections.
- Glycerin is commonly used as a base because being viscous it adheres to mucous membrane for a long period.
- Glycerin prolongs the action of medicaments.
- Glycerin also provides a sweet taste for preparation.
For example, Boroglycerin, Phenol glycerin throat paint.
Throat paint should be stored in an airtight container and cool place.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
Not to be swallowed.
- Potassium iodide – 2.5 gm
- Iodine – 1.25 gm
- Alcohol – 4 ml
- Water – 2.5 ml
- Peppermint oil – 0.4 ml
- Glycerin – 100 ml
Dissolve the potassium iodide in water. Add the iodine and stir until completely dissolved. Dissolve peppermint oil in alcohol 90% in a small container and transfer it into an iodine solution.
Transfer paint into a measuring cylinder and make up the volume to q.s.
- Paint is applied with a soft brush.
A wide mouth, fluted, light-resistant, screw car glass bottle is used and dispensed in the amber-colored bottle.
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : Mouth Wash