Aim: To prepare and submit 100 ml of phenol gargle.
Requirements: Phenol glycerin (16% w/w phenol and 64% w/w glycerin), Chloroform, Purified water, Beaker, Glass rod, etc.
Theory: Gargles are aqueous solutions used to prevent or treat throat infections. They are usually available in concentrated form with direction for dilution with warm water before use. They are brought into intimate contact with the mucous membrane of the throat and are allowed to remain in contact with it for a few seconds before they are thrown out of the mouth.
|Phenol glycerin||2.5 ml|
|Purified water||100 ml|
- Take a beaker and weigh phenol glycerin with the help of a weighing machine.
- Now weigh the chloroform in another beaker.
- Add phenol glycerin and chloroform to a beaker and stir well.
- Now add the required amount of purified water to the mixture of phenol glycerin and chloroform.
- Stir continuously to avoid bubbles.
- Phenol gargle is ready.
Storage: Store in a well-closed container and keep in a cool place.
Labeling: NOT TO BE SWALLOWED
Make sure you also check our other amazing Article on : Preparation of Mouth Wash